Summer is the perfect time to visit open-air movie projections, don’t you think? What’s more, you can participate in this activity in your own backyard too. All you need to do is set it up. Now that we’ve given you something fun to do while the weather is nice, it’s time to think about the kind of snacks you’ll have.
What’s the first snack that comes to mind when you think about seeing any kind of movie projection? Popcorn! However, did you know that this snack can come in many flavors and even be sweet? No? Well, we’re here to tell you all about it.
We’ve prepared some fun recipes with popcorn that will blow your mind, but be careful because some of them are more complex than what you might be used to finding in our recipe blogs. Not only can you eat these treats while watching movies, but they’re also great graduation party food ideas 2022. Let’s get to cooking!
We bet you’ve never thought you’ll eat a popcorn cheesecake, and now you’re the one making it! If you know anything about cheesecakes, you know they’re not difficult to make. In fact, you don’t even have to bake any part of it. This tasty treat will wow everyone that tries it, and here’s a tip: multiply the wow effect by not telling people your cake is made from popcorn until the last moment!
The list of ingredients is long-ish this time, so let’s get to it:
- 250g biscuits of choice
- 1 cup Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn
- 1 ½ stick of unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped salted butter
- 6 cups popcorn
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 3 ⅛ cups cream cheese, room temp
- 1 ⅔ ricotta cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 oz heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
The ingredients list does look daunting, but don’t let that stop you from making this tasty cake. In addition, you’ll need a baking pan, parchment paper, a food processor, a mixer, and a couple of pots. Ready? Follow along:
- Grease and line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put popcorn into a food processor and mix until it’s finely chopped.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and sugar until combined.
- Squeeze liquid from gelatine and gradually add it to the cheese mixture. Once combined, fold in browned butter, whizzed popcorn, and whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture over the base, smooth it out, and let chill for about 4 hours.
- Remove from heat and add butter and cream, swirling until combined.
- Return the mixture to medium-high heat and cook until well combined. Let the mixture cool and thicken for 3 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan, spoon the caramel mixture on top, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
2. Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Delice
Okay, let’s say a popcorn cheesecake isn’t enough to satisfy your senses, and you need something richer. We think you need to sink your teeth into our following sweet popcorn recipe — a chocolate delice with caramel popcorn.
The list of ingredients for this recipe is a bit shorter this time, so let’s jump right into what you need:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 21 oz heavy cream
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 4 gelatine leaves
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- Caramel popcorn from the Popcorn Trio Bags
This treat is so delicious and fun, making it perfect for both movie projections and any kind of party. To make it, you’ll need a baking pan, parchment paper, a couple of pots, a whisk, and a mixing bowl. Here are the steps to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 320℉ and line your baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until well combined. Mix in 1 yolk.
- Sift flour and cocoa, then fold into the mixture.
- Spread the mixture into your pan and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through, then let cool.
- Bring half of the heavy cream to almost a boil on medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate, let it melt, and whisk in 2 yolks.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, squeeze water out, and mix into the chocolate until dissolved. Cool and stir whiskey in.
- Whisk the remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks, and fold it into chocolate. Do the same with egg whites.
- Pour the mixture over the cake base, and chill for 4 hours. Decorate with caramel popcorn and serve!
3. Popcorn Balls
Looking for something easy, fun, and not as fancy? Try our popcorn ball recipe. The best thing about it? Look at the list of ingredients:
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 100g marshmallows
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Pepper Parmesan Popcorn or any other flavor
And the instructions are so easy you don’t even need steps to follow! Just melt butter, marshmallows, and sugar in a pot, then pour over popcorn. Mix well, let set, and form balls of any size. Enjoy!
Ready for The Movies!
Now you’re all set for your movie projection or any kind of party. While some of these treats may seem fancy, nobody is stopping you from enjoying them on any occasion. In fact, you don’t even need a reason to treat yourself to tasty food!If you’re in need of more popcorn flavors, as well as other foods and ingredients, find them in our Local Food Market. Happy cooking!