A vegan yogurt starter lets you create creamy, non dairy vegan probiotic yogurt right at home.
Use this non dairy yogurt starter with soy milk, coconut milk or other non-dairy milks to make a smooth, mild yogurt that's miles better than store-bought.
The vegan yogurt culture contains 4 packets of starters. It is a direct-set culture - meaning each packet will only make one batch.
- 1 packet of dehydrated Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture
- Non-dairy Milk
- This culture often requires a thickener to achieve a store-bought yogurt consistency.
- A glass container
- Tight-weave cloth or paper coffee filter (to cover the container)
- Rubber band to secure the cover to the jar
- A yogurt maker or another appliance (to keep the milk at 110ºF during culturing)
- Stainless steel pot (for heating milk)
- Non-aluminum mixing utensil
- Yogurt Strainer or butter muslin to drain the whey